Dispatch Reader Map

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"The Kingdom" Article Photos Published!

"The Kingdom" Article Photos Published!

The other day I got two copies of my first published photos in a magazine, Gilbert Lifestyle. The July 2006 issue features a story written by my friend Lynette Carrington and photographed by me. The article covers the movie "The Kingdom" being filmed in Arizona, primarily in the Mesa/Gilbert area. Starring in the film are Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, and Jason Bateman, to name a few. The plot revolves around a terrorist attack in Arabia that is then investigated by the FBI. The film should hit theaters in the spring of 2007.

As you may know, I am a survivor of the May 12, 2003 terrorist bombing of US compounds in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I offered to be a consultant for the film but the production company did not give me any sort of reply. The film is loosely based on what happened to me and my coworkers in 2003, an event in which 8 victims and a number of suicide bombers lost their lives...and many of the rest of us were injured.

So it is a good day for me as I now have a magazine photo credit under my belt, but I'm not sure yet if I'm in favor of big studios profiting off of tragedies like this. Had this been a 9/11 film, the victims and their families would have been contacted I'm sure.

Lyle Ford
Photographer, Writer, Traveler
Blog: http://www.drfizzics.blogspot.com
Photos for Sale: http://www.cafepress.com/drfizzics

No comments: